CRMC receives stroke certification
Coffee Regional Medical Center was recently recognized for its continued success by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association in Get with the Guidelines- Stroke program. CRMC was acknowledged for applying the most up-to-date evidence-based treatment guidelines to improve patient care and outcomes in our community. Get with the Guidelines– Stroke program is an in-hospital program for improving stroke care by promoting consistent adherence to the latest scientific treatment guidelines. Numerous published studies demonstrate the program’s success in achieving measurable patient outcome improvements.
By improving stroke care, our Get with the Guidelines- Stroke program benefits patients as well as hospitals. Numerous published studies demonstrate the program's success in improving patient outcomes. Since the program's start in 2003, over 2,000 hospitals have entered more than five million patient records into the Get with the Guidelines- Stroke database. But hospitals see benefits as well.
Get with the Guidelines- Stroke program supports hospitals in many ways, including:
- Access to the most up-to-date research and scientific publications
- Professional education opportunities, such as workshops and webinars
- Clinical tools and resources
- Patient education resources
- QI field staff support
- A competitive advantage in the healthcare marketplace
- National and local recognition for hospital team program achievement
- Submission of CMS Core Stroke Measures and other data
- Performance feedback reporting for continuous quality improvement
For more information, please visit Heart.org/GWTGQualityAwards