City announces dates for committee, board meetings in August
The City of Douglas would like to encourage citizens to attend or become a part of various city committees and boards. At the present time, there are vacancies on the Ethics Committee, Airport Commission, and the Library Board. Each board has its own criteria and qualifications for volunteers to become a member.
The following is a list of August 2019 meetings for City of Douglas Boards and Committees.
- City Commission Meetings: August 12 and 26, 2019, (2nd and 4th Mondays) 7pm, at City Hall.
- Air Base Preservation and Development Committee – August 12, 2019 (2nd Monday of each month), 9:30am, at the Douglas Municipal Gene Chambers Airport.
- Coffee County Historical Society – August 12, 2019 (2nd Monday of each month), 4pm, at Heritage Station Museum.
- Recreation Commission – August 13, 2019 (2nd Tuesday of each month),11:45am, at Central Square Complex Dogwood Meeting Room.
- Downtown Development Authority – August 14, 2019 (2nd Wednesday of each month), 9am, at Ashley Slater House.
- Georgia Initiative for Community Housing (G.I.C.H.) Committee – August 14, 2019 (2nd Mondays), 3pm, at Ashley-Slater House.
- Douglas Mayor’s Youth Council – August 15, 2019 (3rd Thursday of each month), 6pm, at City Hall.
- Historic Preservation Committee - August 22, 2019, 2:00pm, at Ashley Slater House.
- Land Bank Authority – August 27, 2019, 10:30am, at City Hall.
For additional information about any City of Douglas Committee/Board, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (912)389-3405.
- CRH Pain Management welcomes Dr. Kate Paylo
- Community Foundation announces grant deadline, to award grants totaling $10,000
- Douglas is a Golf Cart Community but there are guidelines for operating carts on city streets
- Brianna Faulk comes full circle, has a bright basketball coaching future
- Dr. G. Wayne Clough named Georgia Author of the Year