Here is a list of upcoming city meetings
The City of Douglas would like to encourage citizens to attend or become a part of various city committees and boards. At the present time, there are vacancies on the Ethics Committee, Airport Commission, and the Library Board. Each board has its own criteria and qualifications for volunteers to become a member.
The following is a list of September 2019 meetings for City of Douglas Boards and Committees.
- Douglas-Coffee County Teen Court: September 7, 2019, 9am, Coffee County Sheriff’s Department.
- City Commission: September 9 and 23, 2019, (2nd and 4th Mondays) 7pm, at City Hall.
- Air Base Preservation & Development Committee – September 9, 2019 (2nd Monday of each month), 12pm, at the Douglas Municipal Gene Chambers Airport.
- Coffee County Historical Society – September 9, 2019 (2nd Monday of each month), 4pm, at Heritage Station Museum.
- Recreation Commission – September 10, 2019 (2nd Tuesday of each month),11:45am, at Central Square Complex Dogwood Meeting Room.
- Downtown Development Authority – September 11, 2019 (2nd Wednesday of each month), 9am, at Ashley Slater House.
- Douglas Mayor’s Youth Council – September 19, 2019 (3rd Thursday of each month), 6pm, at City Hall.
- Planning Commission – September 19, 2019, 6pm, Ashley Slater House
- Historic Preservation Committee – September 26, 2019, 2:00pm, at Ashley Slater House.
- Land Bank Authority – September 26, 2019, 10:30am, at Ashley Slater House.
For additional information about any City of Douglas Committee/Board, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (912)389-3405.