Optima Chemical supports SGSC students through ‘Bridging the GAP’fund drive
The South Georgia State College (SGSC) Foundation would like to express its appreciation to Optima Chemical for serving as a Signature Benefactor level donor to support students on SGSC's Douglas campus. The "Bridging the GAP Fund Drive" was held to raised funds for students with financial need which may prevent them from covering their full tuition balance, and thus enrolling in college.
Optima Chemical has a long and rich history of engagement and support for education in our region.WaldaKight, vice president for institutional advancement, states, "Providing access and opportunities to students who would otherwise not be able to afford a college education is a key focus at SGSC. Optima Chemical's recent gift in support of SGSC students is another example of their desire to enhance educational opportunities and increase workforce preparedness for our community. It is rewarding to have partners like Optima Chemical to assist with opening doors and creating bright futures."
- SGSC Summer term begins June 8
- South Georgia State College announces virtual commencement ceremony for graduates
- SGSC anticipates welcoming students back to campus this fall
- Playwright Charlayne Woodard visits SGSC Theatre Appreciation classes – virtually
- Summer college core classes offered locally online