Wiregrass Georgia Technical College will be hosting a “Bills for Skills” fundraiser Thursday, March 5 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at Langwood Plantation located at 7050 Lake Park Bellville Road in Lake Park, Georgia. The community is welcome to a causal evening of heavy hors d’oeurves and live auctions in support of the nationally recognized Wiregrass SkillsUSA Team.
In the last three years Wiregrass Georgia Technical College has brought home more than 50 gold medals from the national SkillsUSA competition and has been one of the top medalist of all colleges in Georgia. SkillsUSA is a student organization that seeks to showcase the best students in career and technical education and is aimed at helping to end the skills shortage in the workforce. Students compete on a local, state and national level against other college students in their field. The Bills for Skills Auction will offer bidders the chance to upgrade their skills or have custom services completed courtesy of the award-winning instructors from Wiregrass. Some of the auction items include website design, cybersecurity audit, esthetics services for a group, digital commercial production, and culinary arts catering for a group.
Funds raised from the event will be used to assist students with travel and competition supplies.
- From local caterer to celebrity caterer and restaurant owner in Atlanta
- Wiregrass announces spring scholarship recipients
- DPD's newest officer receives diploma from Wiregrass
- Guardian Bank Fall Entrepreneurship Academy class graduates at Wiregrass Tech
- Wiregrass to host Guardian Bank Entrepreneurship Academy in September