Coffee High School’s graduation ceremony for the Class of 2020 will take place a little later than originally scheduled but it will take place nonetheless.
According to a message sent to school system employees from Dr. Morris Leis, school superintendent, which has been posted and shared to social media platforms extensively since it went out, graduation will take place on Saturday, June 20, 2020, at 8 a.m. at Jardine Stadium. After announcing the date, time, and location of graduation, the message states the following: “By that point, all of the emergency shelter in place orders will have expired and we will celebrate the class of 2020. It is because of your commitment to excellence that our students are achieving at the highest levels.”
The Atkinson County School System is planning on holding a graduation ceremony at some point. However, the details of exactly what that ceremony will look like have yet to be determined. South Georgia State College has cancelled its graduation, which was scheduled for early May. Citizens Christian Academy will hold its graduation ceremony on May 29. It will also hold its prom on June 27.
- Willacoochee student receives top academic award at ABAC
- South Georgia State College announces virtual commencement ceremony for graduates
- Summer feeding program to begin May 26
- Cameron Watson: 912 Sports's Male Cross Country Athlete of the Year
- School system releases statement concerning school closures