The City of Douglas Community Development Department is looking for volunteers for the executive board of the newly formed, Keep Douglas Beautiful, a Keep America Beautiful (KAB) affiliate. KAB affiliates are community-based and represent communities that range in geographic area, population, and budget.
“We need energetic individuals to help take an active role on this board,” says Mayor Tony Paulk. “We have citizens in our community who work tirelessly to keep Douglas beautiful and litter free. These are the people we are looking for to serve on the board.”
KAB builds community affiliates through a step-by-step process. The City of Douglas began the process in February 2020, by meeting with Keep Georgia Beautiful representatives. After the meeting, the City of Douglas paid the initial certification fee to Keep America Beautiful to become an affiliate. The next step is to form a local board, which will then undergo training with a certified KAB professional trainer to complete the certification process. Upon certification a KAB trainer and KAB state affiliate leaders will provide guidance for program goals and certification. After certification, affiliates will continue to be accountable for program quality by reporting to KAB.
- SGSC to offer new bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Fitzgerald’s Carnegie Center for the Arts to host exhibit by Dylan Ross
- CRMC adds new bariatric program supported by Emory
- Kristian Kirkland named Share Health Southeast Georgia Scholarship recipient
- Tidal Wave Auto Spa charity day to benefit CCAGCC