In an effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, all Wiregrass Georgia Technical College Campuses and Adult Education sites will be closed to the public beginning December 21, 2020 through January 8, 2021.
December 21 through 23 and January 4 through 7, Wiregrass employees will be working to assist new applicants and returning students applying for Spring Semester via virtual methods such as emails, phone calls, video chats, virtual meetings, and by appointment only. Spring Semester classes will begin on January 11 for all academic classes following all CDC recommended guidelines. Essential functions for operating the college during this time will continue in a limited capacity and via tele-work were possible. Updates to this closure will be distributed via our emergency response communication plan including phone, text, email, social media and the website. For information on contacting employees by department and virtual services, please visit our COVID response page.
We will continue to monitor ongoing developments and respond accordingly. The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff is always our primary concern. Updates can be found at the college’s website www.wiregrass.edu.
- County officials take their oaths of office
- Local drug investigation indicts 48 defendants for conspiracy, including three prison guards
- Casey Wright named fire chief
- City to begin work on water line, Evergreen Avenue construction
- Southeast Health District begins COVID-19 vaccine administration to eligible individuals