The City of Douglas would like to encourage citizens to attend or become a part of various city committees and boards. At the present time, there are vacancies on the Keep Douglas Beautiful Board. Each board has its own criteria and qualifications for volunteers to become a member.
The following is a list of March 2021 meetings for City of Douglas Boards and Committees.
- Airport Commission – March 3, 12pm, via Zoom meetings.
- Airbase Preservation and Development Committee – March 8, 12pm, via Zoom meetings.
- City Commission – March 8 & 22, 2021, (2nd & 4th Mondays) 7pm, at the CE Weir Center, 307 E. Bryan Street.
- Recreation Commission – March 9, 11:45am, Central Square Complex, 200 S. Madison Avenue.
- Downtown Development Authority – March 10, 9am, via Zoom meeting.
- GICH Meeting – March 10, 3pm, Ashley Slater House.
- Land Bank Authority – March 11, 2pm, at the Ashley Slater House.
- Douglas Mayor’s Youth Council –March 18, 6pm, via Zoom meeting.
- Planning Commission – March 18, 6pm, Ashley Slater House (if needed)
- Historic Preservation Committee – March 25, 2pm, via Zoom meeting.
- Zoning Board of Appeals – No March meeting.
Please call (912) 383-0277 for Zoom meetings information to be emailed to you. For additional information about any City of Douglas Committee/Board, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (912) 389-3405.
- City to hold public hearing on possible Revitalization Area Strategy designation
- Georgia Initiative for Community Housing recognizes City of Douglas
- DCA presents city with $400,000 grant
- Trinity School of Medicine, SGSC partner to provide a path to medical school
- City, community housing initiative to host credit and financial literacy workshops