James Willis, area manager for Georgia Power Company in Waycross, recently presented a contribution to the James M. Dye Foundation's FY 2018 Annual Giving Campaign, which began July 1. Accepting the check was South Georgia State College President Dr. Ingrid Thompson-Sellers.
Georgia Power has a long and rich history of engagement and support for education in Georgia. Dramatically improving public education and workforce preparedness are key initiatives for the company. The Dye Foundation provides funding for various initiatives on SGSC's Waycross Campus, outside of state appropriations, including student scholarships and campus events and programs.
Georgia Power has supported the Dye Foundation's work for many years, and the Foundation is grateful for the company's continued educational partnership. All contributions to the Foundation are tax deductible. For more information about the Foundation or to make a donation, please call (912) 449-7510.
- CHS, CMS art students assist Called to Care in helping Coffee County's families and children
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: Faith on display, please fill out census forms
- SGSC classes go online for semester, cancels spring graduation
- CRMC reports first positive COVID-19 case for Coffee County
- Hawks at the Dome: SGSC celebrates State College Day at the Capitol