Indian Creek Elementary students aren’t afraid of numbers! They are building excitement for high math achievement. The new competitive Math Club is busy preparing for their upcoming competition in Macon, GA. Fourth and fifth-grade students have been working hard after school to strengthen computational fluency and problem-solving skills. They are spending many afternoons practicing math with Mrs. Hare, Mrs. Fender, Mrs. Moffett and Mrs. Pack! On September 30, the team will compete against hundreds of other Georgia students on state and national math standards. They will be competing to earn a spot in the Regional event in Atlanta next March and from there a spot at Nationals in May 2018.
- Suspected dealer swallows drugs, slips out of hospital before officers get arrest warrants
- The Commodore Oliver Bowen Chapter, National Society Daughters of American Revolution of Douglas installs new officers
- Rev. Douglas Walker visits with Kiwanis
- Wilkerson defeats Johnson in BOE District 1 race, T-SPLOST passes
- Authorities continue the search for Willie Frank Wooden