On Tuesday, August 29, Maribel Gonzalez was sworn in as an officer for the South Georgia State College (SGSC) Police Department. The swearing in ceremony was presided over by Judge Beverly Johns of the Probate Court of Coffee County.
Gonzalez, born in Mexico, has been living in Georgia most of her life and currently resides in Waycross, Ga. Prior to joining SGSC’s Police Department, Gonzalez worked for the Ware County Sheriff’s Department and the Homerville Police Department. She has a criminal justice diploma and plans to pursue a degree at SGSC. Gonzalez is the mother of a seven-year-old son and she looks forward to working with the police department and being a part of the South Georgia State College family.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- SGSC students participate in National Museum Day Live
- South Georgia State College partners with Georgia Southern to bring Birds of Prey show
- Paying for a ride is Jerry Richardson's way of supporting students
- Okefenokee Swamp Park Jr. naturalists, SGSC share an experiment experience
- SGSC student, Tia Kornegay, receives wine & spirits wholesalers of Georgia foundation scholarship