On Friday, Nov. 17, the Coffee High Trojans will continue in the state football playoffs, traveling to Augusta, Georgia to play Evans High School. There is also a previously scheduled NJROTC competition in Jacksonville, Florida and a swim meet in Albany, Georgia on Friday. Due to the need for buses and drivers used in transporting students to these events, the Coffee County Schools will observe an early release on Friday, November 17. This schedule will provide adequate time to get students safely home from school and time to transport students to the various out of town events. Student safety is always number one.
The following schedule will be followed:
11:15 AM - All elementary schools
12:00 PM – Alternative School
12:05 PM – G.W. Carver Freshman Campus
12:05 PM – Wiregrass Regional College and Career Academy
12:20 PM – Coffee Middle School
12:30 PM – Coffee High School
The school district will be closed the week of November 20-24 for Thanksgiving holidays. Classes will resume on Monday, Nov. 27.
- City commission narrowly approves changes to alcohol ordinance
- Hurricane Michael downs power line that causes wastewater spill into Indian Creek
- City issues latest Hurricane Michael update
- Officials announce curfew beginning at 6 p.m. Wednesday as Hurricane Michael arrives
- Downtown Merchants Association to host Hometown Harvest