Wiregrass Georgia Technical College will be accepting new student applications for Summer Semester on Free Application Day, March 22. Any new student who applies in person on this day will have the application fee waived. Free Application Day will be held on the Ben Hill-Irwin Campus, Coffee Campus, Cook County WDC Campus, Moody AFB Extended Campus, and the Valdosta Campus from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Students have two choices for earning summer college credits at Wiregrass. Regular full term semester classes begin May 14 and Summer Express classes begin May 29. The short eight-week long Summer Express semester will run from May 29 to July 24.
For those seeking admission into one of the popular Allied Health programs, Summer Semester is the perfect time to get in those core classes required. Many programs such as Automotive Technology, Fire Science, Criminal Justice, Business Technology and more are accepting new students for Summer admission.
Wiregrass has 34 programs that qualify for the HOPE Career Grant. Students enrolled in these programs could qualify for additional monies financial assistance to help pay for college. Information on Summer Semester, Summer Express Semester, or Free Application Day, visit www.wiregrass.edu or call 229-333-2100.
- Suspected dealer swallows drugs, slips out of hospital before officers get arrest warrants
- The Commodore Oliver Bowen Chapter, National Society Daughters of American Revolution of Douglas installs new officers
- Rev. Douglas Walker visits with Kiwanis
- Wiregrass Air Conditioning student recognized
- Wilkerson defeats Johnson in BOE District 1 race, T-SPLOST passes