Throughout the history of South Georgia State College (SGSC), athletics has figured prominently into the fabric of our institution. Our athletic heritage is a diverse combination of people, places, venues and moments, and we are fortunate to have enjoyed such a rich tradition of athletic excellence.
In an effort to pay tribute to the many talented athletes and coaches as well as program milestones of our athletic programs, nine individuals are being inducted into the class of 2018 SGSC Athletic Hall of Fame. Mr. Peter Bragan, Jr. (1969-71) of Jacksonville, Florida for baseball; the late Mr. Terry Childers (1965-67 and 1975-78) of Augusta for baseball; Mr. Kelton Cook (1952-53) of Metter for football and baseball; Mr. Steve Foucault (1968-69) of Rockledge, Florida for baseball; Mr. Larry Guest (1965-67) of Elberton for basketball; Mr. Ron Kelley (1954-56) of Savannah for football; Mr. Howard Ray (1963-65) of Hazlehurst for basketball; Mr. Scott Sims of Douglas (1990-2011) for baseball; and Mr. Victor (Vic) Spooner (1949-51) of Colquitt for football will be honored.
The ceremony will take place in conjunction with the SGSC Foundation Gala on Thursday, June 7, 2018, at 6 p.m. in the Wellness Center gymnasium on the Douglas Campus. Dress is business attire. For tickets or more information, please contact the SGSC Office of External Affairs at 912-260-4274.
- SGSC's Baldwin notches 250th career win
- SGSC to hold information sessions for bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood and Special Education
- SGSC splits in Applebee's Okefenokee College Classic
- SGSC to offer a Bachelor of Science in Education degree in collaboration with UNG
- SGSC's Skyler Baggs named first GCAA Player of the Week of the season