South Georgia State College (SGSC) will celebrate the inauguration of its eighth president, Dr. Ingrid Thompson-Sellers, with a series of events slated for the week of September 17-21, 2018. These events will culminate with the investiture ceremony led by University System of Georgia Chancellor Steve Wrigley on Friday, September 21, 2018, at 9:30 a.m. in McGouirk Auditorium in Peterson Hall on the Douglas Campus.
Prior to becoming president at South Georgia State College, Thompson-Sellers served as a Senior Associate Dean and professor of Business Information Systems at Georgia State University. In addition, she served in a variety of roles at Georgia Perimeter College, including Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs, Business Information Systems faculty, department chair, Dean of Business, Campus Dean at Newton, Decatur, Clarkston and GPC Online. Before coming to Georgia Perimeter College, she taught at Iona College in New Rochelle, New York.
Thompson-Sellers holds a bachelor’s degree in Physics from The University of the West Indies (Mona Campus, Jamaica), a Master’s degree in Telecommunications and a doctorate in Instructional Technology from Georgia State University.
For more information about the inauguration of Dr. Ingrid Thompson-Sellers, visit www.sgsc.edu/inauguration.
- Sahm Family Foundation, Elixir Extrusions Award $50,000 each to SGSC
- SGSC Hawks earn NJCAA All-Academic awards
- South Georgia State College provides $59.6 million annual benefit for local economies
- Sen. Blake Tillery addresses SGSC graduates at Douglas campus
- SGSC commencement speakers at Waycross campus challenge graduates