John Hereford, president of Miles-Odum Funeral Home in Waycross, recently presented a contribution on behalf of the company to the James M. Dye Foundation on South Georgia State College’s (SGSC) Waycross Campus. Accepting the contribution was Foundation Treasurer Cindy Sowell while Miles-Odum Secretary and Treasurer Jonathan Roundtree attended the presentation.
Miles-Odum has been a consistent supporter of the Foundation’s work for many years. The late Robert Odum, co-founder of the funeral home, served as Foundation President from 1983-1984.
The James M. Dye Foundation has been serving SGSC’s Waycross Campus for 42 years, providing funding for student scholarships and other campus initiatives not funded by the state of Georgia.
- SGSC to hold information sessions for bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood and Special Education
- SGSC splits in Applebee's Okefenokee College Classic
- SGSC to offer a Bachelor of Science in Education degree in collaboration with UNG
- SGSC's Skyler Baggs named first GCAA Player of the Week of the season
- SGSC swim teams take first at home meet