John Hereford, president of Miles-Odum Funeral Home in Waycross, recently presented a contribution on behalf of the company to the James M. Dye Foundation on South Georgia State College’s (SGSC) Waycross Campus. Accepting the contribution was Foundation Treasurer Cindy Sowell while Miles-Odum Secretary and Treasurer Jonathan Roundtree attended the presentation.
Miles-Odum has been a consistent supporter of the Foundation’s work for many years. The late Robert Odum, co-founder of the funeral home, served as Foundation President from 1983-1984.
The James M. Dye Foundation has been serving SGSC’s Waycross Campus for 42 years, providing funding for student scholarships and other campus initiatives not funded by the state of Georgia.
- Satilla Marine Bass Classic scheduled for Oct. 3 to benefit SGSC basketball program
- SGSC scholarship honors Chris and Frances Trowell
- SGSC to offer new bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Kristian Kirkland named Share Health Southeast Georgia Scholarship recipient
- South Georgia State College awards record number of degrees in 2020