The need for educated, skilled, and trained diesel maintenance technicians is increasing in South Georgia. The Coffee Campus of Wiregrass Georgia Technical College Diesel Maintenance program continues to grow and currently has students participating in apprenticeships around Coffee County.
Walmart Distribution Center recently reached out to Wiregrass Dean for Academic Affairs Michael Williams to see if Wiregrass had any students that could intern for their fleet maintenance department. Williams shared, “Walmart’s internship program for their fleet maintenance department is similar to the college’s apprenticeship program. There are wage progressions which should lead to a fruitful career.”
Hunter (Reed) Chaney is enrolled in Wiregrass’s Diesel Maintenance Technician program and has signed to participate in the internship with Walmart Distribution. Wiregrass and Walmart Distribution have worked together for years and the company is currently serving on the CDL advisory board.
Spring Semester classes start January 8, 2020. To learn more about this program and other programs Wiregrass offers, visit wiregrass.edu.
- Wiregrass Tech signs articulation agreement with Herzing University
- Wiregrass Tech admission requirements made easier during crisis
- Wiregrass spring classes to be conducted via distance education until April 13
- Apply online during Wiregrass Tech's free application week
- SGMC invests in LPN to RN Bridge program at Wiregrass