Due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 virus on local communities, South Georgia State College (SGSC) will observe a four-day workweek schedule beginning April 20, 2020. Plans are to continue this new workweek format through June 5, 2020.
SGSC President Dr. Ingrid Thompson-Sellers said SGSC employees will be available between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday to respond to e-mails and calls. The college will be completely offline on Fridays.
“During this unprecedented time, no students are allowed on campus for the remainder of the spring semester. All their classes are being delivered at a distance online to adhere to University System of Georgia guidelines for its 26 institutions,” Thompson-Sellers said. “In addition, all spring semester events have been canceled including the traditional spring commencement ceremony for each campus. At this time, our staff is working on alternative ways to recognize the accomplishments of our students."
The health and safety of our SGSC community is the number one priority as staff seek to operate as efficiently as possible in the interim.
- South Georgia State College announces 2022 Commencement Ceremonies
- SGSC students honored for academic achievement
- Pierce County Team A wins SGSC High School Mathematics Tournament
- Additional postseason honors announced for Hawks basketball
- Youth Council recognizes Anterius Paulk-Vickers, hears from SGSC