Law enforcement officials are currently searching a a pond in Ben Hill County for the remains of Tara Grinstead, a former Irwin County High School teacher who mysteriously vanished nearly a decade ago.
Little information has been provided at this time, but officials have confirmed they were dispatched to a pond in the area of Satilla Drive near Fitzgerald. They have been in the process of draining the pond since Monday.
Grinstead has been missing since Oct. 22, 2005, when she was last seen at a beauty pageant at the Grand Theatre in Fitzgerald. A former Miss Tifton. she reportedly ate dinner with friends afterwards and went to her home in Ocilla.
DouglasNow.com will continue to update this story as details are provided.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Popular Christian retailer LifeWay to close stores, go entirely digital
- Douglas PD charges four in five different armed robberies in the city
- GBI finds third body in missing persons case, also makes second arrest
- Two bodies found in Berrien County, believed to be two of three missing individuals
- Armed robbers hit three stores in two days, suspects remain at large