Law enforcement officials are currently searching a a pond in Ben Hill County for the remains of Tara Grinstead, a former Irwin County High School teacher who mysteriously vanished nearly a decade ago.
Little information has been provided at this time, but officials have confirmed they were dispatched to a pond in the area of Satilla Drive near Fitzgerald. They have been in the process of draining the pond since Monday.
Grinstead has been missing since Oct. 22, 2005, when she was last seen at a beauty pageant at the Grand Theatre in Fitzgerald. A former Miss Tifton. she reportedly ate dinner with friends afterwards and went to her home in Ocilla.
DouglasNow.com will continue to update this story as details are provided.
Latest from Staff Reports
- One-month-old girl seriously injured in domestic assault
- Funeral services for former city manager, mayor Jackie Wilson set for Saturday, August 10
- GBI investigating Saturday night shooting in Oak Park
- Coffee, ATCO, Pearson authorities solve stolen fire equipment case
- Someone has stolen equipment from the county fire department