Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
No contract/deposits for maintenance or construction
Clearwater pools on Facebook
Ask about Customizable maintenance plans *
A 19-year-old of Douglas has been charged with murder in the recent fatal shooting of 18-year-old Savion McRae, according to an official with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
The GBI official confirmed to DouglasNow that Shamond Jaquavious Campbell is currently being held in the Coffee County Jail in connection to McRae's death. He is also charged with the assault of three other individuals who were in the vehicle when the shooting occurred.
On June 19, authorities announced an investigation into the shooting, which occurred on June 18 in Lanier County. DouglasNow learned that on the night of the shooting, McRae and two other individuals, 17-year-old Tremayne Newton of Willacoochee and 20-year-old Takevion Strozier of Douglas were in Lanier County traveling back to Douglas. They encountered another vehicle and at least one occupant of that vehicle fired a gun into McRae's vehicle. McRae, Newton, and Strozier all were all struck by bullets.
GBI officials later confirmed that McRae did not survive, with Newton and Stozier receiving treatment for their injuries and making a recovery.
McRae's body was sent to the GBI Medical Examiner's Office in Pooler for a complete autopsy.
Campbell was taken into custody on June 22 around 9:00 p.m. and was arrested on one count of felony murder and four counts of aggravated assault.
As the investigation is ongoing, officials encourage anyone with further information to contact the Lanier County Office at (229) 482-3545 or the GBI Douglas Office at (912) 389-4103.
- Scott Hall pleads guilty, may receive five years' probation
- Chamber of Commerce selects Student Ambassadors for the 2023-2024 school year
- Natural Gas Department celebrates Public Natural Gas Week
- Coffee's Fred Brown #7 in rushing yards in state
- Courthouse suffers electrical issue, closed for the rest of the day
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest