On Monday, Deedrick Donte Pickett, a 36-year-old man from Ambrose, pleaded guilty to an aggravated assault charge in the Superior Court of Coffee County.
Pickett was arrested on the charge, and two counts of criminal trespassing, in 2020 for cutting another man with a knife during a dispute at a gathering. The case was set to be heard by a jury during a trial this month. However, Pickett pleaded to the charges Monday morning before jury selection would have taken place.
Pickett was given a 20-year sentence and will serve five of those in a correctional facility. He will also receive credit for his time spent in the Coffee County Jail since his arrest in 2020, making his maximum release date to be in June 2025.
- Third suspect arrested, charged with murder in shooting death of Savion McRae
- Second suspect arrested in RICO investigation
- GBI investigates death at Waycross Youth Detention Center
- GBI makes another arrest in shooting of death of Savion McRae
- August trials announced, several important cases on calendar