Broxton man allegedly admits to abusing family members, charged with rape
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Kenneth Fritzges, 20, of Broxton, has been charged with rape by officers with the Coffee County Sheriff's Office after an "online friend" from Minnesota called local authorities and reported Fritzges for allegedly admitting to sexually abusing two girls in Coffee County. According to the report, Fritzges was waiting on law enforcement in the driveway when the deputy arrived and allegedly admitted to the abuse.
A CCSO report states that on July 18, a deputy received a call for service by E911 and was told to return a phone call to a complainant regarding an incest case. The deputy called the number and made contact with a 20-year-old male from Minnesota.
The complainant told the deputy that he had a friend he met online named Kenneth Fritzges who resided at a residence in Broxton. According to the complainant, Fritzges sent him a mega link containing child pornography and had admitted to sexually abusing two girls in Coffee County.
The report states that the complainant told the deputy he initially contacted authorities in his hometown regarding the suspect's alleged confession. Law enforcement in Minnesota informed him that there was an investigation in Duluth regarding the allegations, but advised him to contact law enforcement in Coffee County to make a report.
The complainant informed the deputy that he had spoken to Fritzges regarding turning himself in and that Fritzges "wanted to willingly." He told the deputy Fritzges said he would be waiting for law enforcement to arrive at the Broxton residence.
The deputy then reported that he advised E911 that he would be en route to the home. When the deputy arrived, he reported speaking to Fritzges, who he said was waiting for law enforcement in the driveway of the residence. According to the report, Fritzges told the deputy he had "done some awful things."
Another deputy advised the reporting deputy on the scene to ask Fritzges for his consent to seize any electronic devices capable of storing digital media. The deputy stated Fritzges immediately gave the deputy his phone and consent to take his other electronic devices.
Fritzges was taken to the Coffee County Jail and charged with one count of rape. As of Monday morning, Fritzges remained in the Coffee County Jail.
- Wiregrass announces President's and Dean's List for dual enrollment students
- Driver traveling nearly 30 mph over speed limit found carrying suspected methamphetamine
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- An era ends: Elmo's Bait and Tackle closes
- Coffee County election security breach: An open letter to Coffee County voters
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest