Law enforcement in Coffee County experienced a busy Valentine’s Day, netting five drug arrests on charges ranging from trafficking to possession.
Around 3 p.m., deputies with the Coffee County Sheriff's office stopped a vehicle occupied by three individuals, later identified as Quillie Anthony, Michael Metts, and Karla Morris, in the Green Acres Community on Waldron Rd.
Officers located over four ounces of methamphetamine and a 9mm handgun during the stop and contacted the Douglas-Coffee Drug Unit. Following their investigation, Anthony and Morris were arrested for trafficking methamphetamine. Metts was charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
In an unrelated incident, officers with the Douglas Police Department stopped a vehicle occupied by Anni-Lanet Dovers at the Fountain Inn on N. Peterson Ave. around 3 a.m.
During the traffic stop, officers located a quantity of cocaine, and Dovers was subsequently charged with one count of possession of cocaine.
Also on the 14th, just before 1 p.m., sheriff's deputies stopped a vehicle occupied by James Landers, Jr. on Carver Rd. Landers was arrested for driving without a license and possession of cocaine.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Migrant women endured medical mistreatment at Georgia ICE facility, U.S. Senate report finds
- DPD makes arrest in golf club thefts
- Douglas native one of 17 alleged gang members charged in Barrow County