State troopers from The Georgia State Patrol Post 36 in Douglas investigated 45 traffic crashes during the month of July. Sergeant First Class Harding said the traffic crashes resulted in 35 injuries and 3 fatalities.
Sergeant First Class Harding said troopers from Post #36 also issued 572 traffic citations during the month. This total includes 32 arrests for Driving Under the Influence, 161 citations for speeding, 139 seatbelt violations, 36 child restraint violations, and 40 distracted driving violations. Troopers issued 683 warnings for the month.
Sergeant First Class Harding reminds motorists that school is back in session. Allow yourself extra time to get to your destination and pay attention to the posted speed in school zones.
- Suspected drug dealer leads officers on chase, hit with 18 charges after finally arrested
- 23 years later: Remembering officers Tub Merritt and James Bryant
- First responders make Christmas dreams come true at annual Shop With a Cop event
- Two-vehicle accident on Highway 441 claims life of Pearson resident
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation