You’re never supposed to sleep on the job — even if you’re a suspected drug dealer.
According to a press release from the Jeff Davis County Sheriff’s Office, on August 12, 2022 at 3:12 a.m., Jeff Davis deputies approached a vehicle that had been parked with the engine running in the Circle K parking lot for a long period of time. Deputies approached the vehicle and noticed a female who appeared to have fallen asleep or was heavily intoxicated behind the wheel with Nerds gummy cluster candy in her lap.
Deputies were able to wake her up and communicate with her, the driver stated she had fallen asleep waiting on a friend. When asked for identification, the driver stated her license was suspended and presented an identification card. The driver was identified as Jud Dodi Druscilla Prezaz, 50, of Brooksville, Florida. Deputies confirmed the status of her drivers license and placed her under arrest for driving with a suspended license. A search of the vehicle resulted in the discovery of several drug violations, one of which was 10 grams professionally packed and sealed using a “Rick and Morty” cartoon pack.
Quantities of methamphetamine, cocaine, illicit prescription medication, “shroons,” a firearm and packaging materials were found in the vehicle.
Prezaz was charged with: driving with suspended license, trafficking methamphetamine, possession of cocaine, possession of controlled I substance, possession of controlled III substance, possession of a firearm during a commission of a crime, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of drug related objects.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- 37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Douglas woman back in jail after allegedly failing to meet conditions of bond
- Another traffic stop, another meth arrest
- "Suspicious" person allegedly walks into stranger's home to avoid contact with officers, arrested anyway
- 27-year-old Douglas woman arrested on drug charges after passing out, sitting at gas pump for 90 minutes
Latest from Staff Reports
- Retired State Court Judge Bob Preston receives Liberty Bell Award
- Georgia lawmakers aim to take a bite out of retail sales of Delta-8 THC products statewide
- Samina Patel, junior at Georgia Tech, named one of 47 Brooke Owens Fellows
- Georgia GOP lawmaker pushes bill to protect ‘vital and precious’ Okefenokee from new mining proposals
- Alleged car thief leads officers on chase through Bacon, Coffee counties