Burch to stand trial Tuesday on aggravated assault charge
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Only one case out of the fourteen ready for trial will be heard by a Coffee County jury this week, with the other defendants either pleading guilty or having their cases continued to the next calendar. The state's case against James Gregory Burch on two counts of aggravated assault will be heard Tuesday in Superior Court of Coffee County.
Burch was arrested in 2020 after officers with the Douglas Police Department were dispatched to a residence on West Bryan Street about a possible assault. According to a copy of Burch's arrest warrant, he is accused of pointing a firearm at a female at the property on April 9, 2020. Officers arrested Burch on the charges and booked him into the Coffee County Jail that day.
Jury selection for the trial took place Monday morning and with prosecutors and Burch's defense to begin opening statements shortly after 9:00 a.m on Tuesday.
DouglasNow will cover the trial and publish details after the verdict has been announced.
- SGSC professor’s reference book makes best new Journalism/New Technical Writing books list
- Driver traveling nearly 30 mph over speed limit found carrying suspected methamphetamine
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- SGSC announces Spring 2023 academic honors lists
- City to end recycling program on August 1
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest