State troopers from the Georgia State Patrol Post 36 in Douglas investigated 64 traffic crashes during the month of October. Sergeant First Class Harding said the traffic crashes resulted in 48 injuries and 2 fatalities.
Sergeant First Class Harding said Troopers from Post #36 also issued 497 traffic citations during the month. This total includes 47 arrests for Driving Under the Influence, 123 citations for speeding, 84 seatbelt violations, 24 child restraint violations, and 29 distracted driving violations. Troopers issued 557 warnings for the month.
- Chase reaches speeds of 120 mph, ends with two arrests
- Douglas/Coffee County supports World Teen Mental Wellness Day
- CSX to close railroad crossing for maintenance
- Drug officers arrest two, one of whom was just released from jail 11 days prior
- Georgia State Patrol Post 36: 42 accidents, four fatalities during January