Log in

REGENCYVisit our urgent care clinic in Douglas or call 912.875.7966. 

Our website: www.regencyurgentcare.com

Douglas man arrested after allegedly destroying interior of house, harming his grandmother

Ear, Nose & Throat Clinic douglas, waycross and tiftonYour Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations: 
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!

Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com

Featured Keigan Jones Submitted photo Keigan Jones

Keigan Jones of Douglas was recently arrested in connection to an incident that took place in September after his grandmother reportedly believed "the devil was in him." Jones allegedly entered the home, began destroying things, and slammed his 75-year-old grandmother to the ground in front of two juveniles.



According to a Douglas Police Department incident report, on September 19, just before 5:00 p.m., Jones' grandmother contacted 911, reporting that "something was wrong with her grandson." She told dispatchers he was "on drugs and out of order, showing out, and the devil was in him." The officer went to the woman's home in Douglas and first spoke to a 31-year-old female who was reportedly holding a metal boiling pot in her hand. As the officer was approaching, the female was yelling at a male, later identified as Jones, who was leaning against a trampoline. 



According to the officer, Jones was "sweating profusely" and "not saying anything, but staring at everyone around him." He also stated, "It was readily apparent that he was under the influence of something." 



The report states that the female told him that she had received a call that Jones was inside the home and destroying things. When she arrived, she first thought her children were in the home, so she rushed inside and found Jones pouring out different bottles on the floor. She stated that Jones was "saying something about everyone being dead inside the home. 



At this point, the woman grabbed a metal boiling pot, and Jones "came after her." She reported that she hit Jones with the pot and then learned her children were not inside, so she then left the home. 



The officer reported that as he was speaking to the witness, he was requested to step outside by another officer. When he walked out of the home, he saw that Jones was facing the second officer.  He then looked around and focused his attention on the reporting officer. 



"I began speaking with him, and he was mumbling something. He then turned to face the other officer, and I motioned to an on-scene sergeant that I was going to place him in handcuffs to detain him. I walked behind him and began telling him that he was being detained, and I reached out to grab his arms. He briefly moved away from me, and then I felt a hand grab the top of my head," the report stated. 



According to the officer, Jones resisted the arrest multiple times and continued to try to grab him as he attempted to place him in handcuffs. With assistance from a second officer, Jones was successfully detained and searched. 



The officer reported that as Jones was being searched, it "appeared as if he passed out," so they sat him up in a recovery position. EMS personnel were requested to respond to the scene. After Jones "briefly went limp and appeared to pass out, he then lifted his head and laughed." 

EMS arrived shortly after, and the officer spoke to the complainant. She told the officer that she was inside the house when she heard her granddaughter's husband get into a scuffle with Jones on the front porch as he was trying to enter her home. Jones entered the home and "was not acting normal." She stated that he grabbed her when she was standing near the couch, and then slammed her on the ground. At the time, two minor children, a four-year-old and a ten-year-old, were sitting on the couch. The woman quickly jumped up, ran to her bedroom to retrieve her cellphone, and called 911 for emergency services. 



The report states that the complainant stated that while Jones was inside, he said "something about burning the house down." 



The man who allegedly "had a scuffle" with Jones told the officer that he was on the front porch when he saw Jones heading over to the house. At one point, he saw Jones "crawling on all fours and barking like a dog." He continued to state that Jones "has taken drugs in the past and was acting the same way as he did previously." According to the witness, Jones approached the front door, and they had an altercation, with another individual assisting him in trying to keep Jones from entering. He stated that when Jones walked inside, he helped the juveniles exit the house.



The officer also spoke with one of the juveniles, who stated that she was sitting on the couch when Jones walked in. She stated that she was "afraid and scared of him because of the way he was acting." 



Warrants were applied, with Jones recently being arrested for the incident on one count of criminal trespass—family violence, two counts of cruelty to children in the third degree, three counts of willful obstruction of law enforcement officers, and inflicting pain on an elderly person. 



Jones was released from Washington State Prison in April 2021 after spending more than two years on charges of possession of marijuana and methamphetamine with the intent to distribute. However, he is now back in confinement in the Coffee County Jail after being denied bond on all charges.

DouglasNow is your local news source! Talk directly to Douglas locals when you advertise with DouglasNow!
Login to post comments