Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
The GBI is investigating a death that happened at The Pier Bar in Remerton, GA. On Sunday, October 29, 2023, at about 2:40 a.m., the Remerton Police Department requested the GBI to investigate. The victim has been identified as 21-year-old Brianna Long.
Long was a bartender at The Pier. She and other employees were closing the bar down after it had closed to patrons about 2:00 a.m. At about 2:30 a.m, there was a shooting outside the bar and Long was hit as she was finishing her work with another co-worker. Long was taken to South Georgia Medical Center where she later died. A GBI Medical Examiner will perform an autopsy.
The early investigation indicates that the shooting stemmed from some type of altercation that happened outside The Pier. Many patrons were outside during the shooting and multiple vehicles were shot.
This case is active and ongoing. Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the GBI Thomasville Office at 229-225-4090 or the Remerton Police Department at 229-247-2320. Anonymous tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS (8477), online at https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online, or by downloading the See Something, Send Something mobile app.
- One of Georgia's 38 death row inmates was sentenced in Coffee County
- Coffee County man arrested for sexual exploitation of children
- Georgia Supreme Court upholds Wallace Lee's double murder conviction, life sentence
- Grand jury indicts former Indian Creek principal on two counts cruelty to children
- Judge grants change of venue in Harper's trial in connection with death of Vann Brown