Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
A domestic incident claimed the lives of four individuals -- a husband, wife, and their two children -- on Wednesday afternoon at Fort Stewart, according to military officials and news reports.
Staff Sergeant Meiziaha Cooper, a decorated soldier at Fort Stewart; her husband, Desmond Cooper; and their two children ages 4 and 9; were found deceasded inside their home early Wednesday afternoon. Staff Sgt. Cooper's unit had asked for a welfare check, according to reports.
When officers arrived at the home, they found the four individuals unresponsive. They were pronounced dead little while later. Though military officials deemed the incident as a domestic event, they did not say whether or not they considered the home a crime scene.
A culinary noncomissioned officer, Staff Sgt. Cooper had been in the Army since 2012.
The Army Criminal Investigation Division is conducting the ongoing investigation into this incident.
- Officers make arrest after 41-year-old allegedly enters home, cuts man asleep with his wife
- Sugarbrook Road domestic incident leads to aggravated assault charge
- Douglas police officer resigns after arrest on battery charges
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept
Latest from Staff Reports
- Bullets fly in Coffee County on November 28: Two shootings reported three hours apart
- Officers investigate Sunday night armed robbery, suspect still on the loose
- Traffic stop leads to three arrests on illegal drug, firearms, and illegal hunting charges
- Serious traffic accident blocks Highway 135
- Valwood Valiants win state title in historic fashion