Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
A jam-packed 2024 sheriff's election just got a little more crowded.
Ben Munford, a retired deputy with the Coffee County Sheriff's Office, plans to run for sheriff. He joins current chief deputy Fred Cole, former Coffee County Sheriff's Office Major and drug agent Daniel Paulk, businessman Kenneth Merritt, and optometry office manager Leisha Burke, all of whom have indicated they will run for sheriff.
Munford served Coffee County as a deputy for 35 years. His highest rank was Sergeant. He is now retired.
Rumors have circulated throughout the community for several weeks that Munford was going to enter the race. Monday morning, he made it official. Munford launched a Ben Munford for Sheriff Facebook page and released the following statement:
"Today, I am announcing my campaign to become the next Sheriff of Coffee County in order to usher in an ecosystem where both safety and justice coexist.
"With the support of my wife, LiNeatha, and my family, I humbly look forward to earning each of your votes. Change is possible and this progressive movement is for the betterment of our communities."
Qualifying for the sheriff's election, as well as other races that will be on the 2024 ballot, takes place in the spring.
- County approves FY24 general fund and special revenue funds budget, considers rezoning requests
- Deputy stops vehicle for no headlights, finds suspected meth
- Suspicious vehicle on side of the road leads to arrest on drug, gun charges
- Bullets fly in Coffee County on November 28: Two shootings reported three hours apart
- Officers investigate Sunday night armed robbery, suspect still on the loose
Latest from Submitted
- COUNTRY supports Westside Elementary with An Operation Helping Heroes donation
- Tyler Harper headlines annual Georgia Farm Bureau convention
- Wiregrass hosts dedication for James C. Fryslie Culinary Arts Program
- Atlanta-area man sentenced to federal prison for attempted stolen-car smuggling operation
- Cotton commission announces 2023 King Cotton Awards