A Douglas police officer was involved in a three-car crash late this afternoon at the intersection of U.S. Highway 441 South and Perimeter Road. The name of the officer has not been released.
According to an eyewitness, the police officer approached the intersection with his blue lights on as he was heading to answer a call. The witness reported that the officer stopped at the intersection then proceeded through. Another vehicle turned in front of the officer as he was driving through the intersection. The officer hit the vehicle. A third vehicle was struck in the aftermath of the initial collision.
The driver who turned in front of the police car was transported from the scene via ambulance. Neither the officer nor the driver of the third vehicle were injured.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Former Douglas resident one of 13 arrested in plot to kidnap Michigan governor
- Agents investigate, arrest Dr. Steve Anderson
- Irwin County Detention Center allegations: ICE, CRMC respond
- Complaint against Irwin County Detention Center alleges poor COVID-19 protocols, non-consenual hysterectomies
- Grand Jury indicts two on murder charges, six others in Vann Brown death