Tameka Johnson, 36, lost her life in the Friday, May 20, auto accident that happened on Bethel Road, according to a report published by WALB. The crash happened around 9 p.m. that night.
According to WALB’s report, which cited the Georgia State Patrol as its source, an SUV driven by a 27-year-old male left the road. The driver over-corrected and lost control. The vehicle went into a ditch, became airborne, and came to rest on an embankment. EMTs transported the driver to Coffee Regional Medical Center with serious injuries. Another passenger, also a female, was wearing a seatbelt and was not injured. Johnson was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sources have told DouglasNow.com that alcohol was a factor in the accident. WALB’s report says that charges are pending following a toxicology report.
Latest from Robert Preston
- 2021 CHS graduate loses life in Lanier County shooting
- Stafford, Merritt lead the way at CHS track awards banquet
- Douglas woman jailed after shooting, witnesses say it was in self-defense
- County buys fire truck in Texas, crashes on way back to Georgia
- Deep South Farm Supply employee charged with taking, burning truck and trailer