On Sunday, July 10, 2016, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s Douglas Regional Office was requested by the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office to assist in a death investigation in Coffee County.
On Sunday, July 10, 2016, at approximately 5:30 a.m., deputies with the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to 6629 Hwy 32 West Lot 4 in reference to a Hispanic male found unresponsive outside the residence. Upon arrival, deputies found Domingo Ortiz, 51, dead from an apparent stab wound. After a search of the area, Miguel Hernandez Santos, 68, was arrested in connection with the death of Ortiz. Santos was transported to the Coffee County jail. The body of Ortiz will be taken to the GBI Medical Examiner’s Office in Macon for autopsy.
This investigation is active and ongoing while agents and sheriff’s investigators pursue leads. Anyone who has information is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227 or the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office at (912) 389-4103.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Video: Live streamed video leads to aggravated assault charges
- Appling County native hits go-ahead home run in MLB All Star Game, wins game for American League
- 2021 CHS graduate loses life in Lanier County shooting
- Stafford, Merritt lead the way at CHS track awards banquet
- Douglas woman jailed after shooting, witnesses say it was in self-defense