The City of Douglas has received several calls from concerned citizens who are being contacted by an unknown person claiming to be an employee of the City of Douglas.
The person on the phone tells the citizen that their utilities will be disconnected if payment is not made over the phone. The City of Douglas does not solicit payment for services through the telephone. Citizens are urged not to release financial information to anyone claiming to be representing the City of Douglas.
If a citizen should receive such a call, please try to capture the phone number through caller i.d. and report the phone number to the Police Department at 912-384-2222, 912-260-3600 (Crime Tip Line) or call 911.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Early voting for elections in Douglas, Broxton, and Nicholls begins today
- Baxley truck driver with Coffee ties loses life in North Carolina accident
- Inmate escapes Saturday evening, captured Sunday morning
- Seven arrested on gang and other charges after shooting
- Security video captures theft by taking suspect