The City of Douglas has received several calls from concerned citizens who are being contacted by an unknown person claiming to be an employee of the City of Douglas.
The person on the phone tells the citizen that their utilities will be disconnected if payment is not made over the phone. The City of Douglas does not solicit payment for services through the telephone. Citizens are urged not to release financial information to anyone claiming to be representing the City of Douglas.
If a citizen should receive such a call, please try to capture the phone number through caller i.d. and report the phone number to the Police Department at 912-384-2222, 912-260-3600 (Crime Tip Line) or call 911.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Popular Christian retailer LifeWay to close stores, go entirely digital
- Douglas PD charges four in five different armed robberies in the city
- GBI finds third body in missing persons case, also makes second arrest
- Two bodies found in Berrien County, believed to be two of three missing individuals
- Armed robbers hit three stores in two days, suspects remain at large