Wednesday afternoon, the Coffee County Board of Education awarded the new Nicholls Elementary School project to Charles E. Lewis Construction of Douglas.
The construction company submitted the low bid of $7.1 million and stated that it could finish the new school in 365 days. Seven companies sent in bids. The highest came from Meja Construction of Peachtree City at $10.6 million.
The board of education will break ground on the site of the new school this coming Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. Construction will begin shortly afterward. Superintendent Dr. Morris Leis said that he expects the school to be completed in October of next year.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Suspect in Ocilla fatal shooting allegedly steals car at gunpoint in Coffee County, flees
- Tyreek Hill plays against Pittsburgh, leads Kansas City in receiving
- Douglas man allegedly kills his son, injures another in Christmas Eve shooting
- Two former Trojans take the field in Division II national title game
- Jeff Davis deputies, DNR officers make multiple drug arrests