The front entrance to Eastside Elementary School is undergoing a major makeover this summer. Crews from East Coast Asphalt are completely renovating the front parking lot, altering the flow of traffic and adding parking. Traffic, which formerly entered and exited the school from McDonald Avenue, will enter and exit from Jefferson Street once the project is completed. Crews are hoping to finish the project by the first day of school. If it isn't finished, plans will be in place to minimize disruption caused by the work.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Atkinson County auto accident claims life of Coffee resident, seriously injures three others
- McIver enters late, District 5 qualifying ends with four candidates
- McCallum enters District 5 county commission race
- Holt, O'Steen declare for District 5 special election
- County to hold special election to fill District 5 county commission seat