The front entrance to Eastside Elementary School is undergoing a major makeover this summer. Crews from East Coast Asphalt are completely renovating the front parking lot, altering the flow of traffic and adding parking. Traffic, which formerly entered and exited the school from McDonald Avenue, will enter and exit from Jefferson Street once the project is completed. Crews are hoping to finish the project by the first day of school. If it isn't finished, plans will be in place to minimize disruption caused by the work.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Video: Live streamed video leads to aggravated assault charges
- Appling County native hits go-ahead home run in MLB All Star Game, wins game for American League
- 2021 CHS graduate loses life in Lanier County shooting
- Stafford, Merritt lead the way at CHS track awards banquet
- Douglas woman jailed after shooting, witnesses say it was in self-defense