Wednesday night, the Douglas Fire Department battled a house fire on West Franklin Street. The house, which officials believe was an uninhabited residence and likely filled with clutter, burned to the ground. Around midnight Wednesday night, smoke from the blaze blanketed the northwest portion of the city. The cause of the fire remains unknown and the investigation is ongoing.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Suspect in Ocilla fatal shooting allegedly steals car at gunpoint in Coffee County, flees
- Tyreek Hill plays against Pittsburgh, leads Kansas City in receiving
- Douglas man allegedly kills his son, injures another in Christmas Eve shooting
- Two former Trojans take the field in Division II national title game
- Jeff Davis deputies, DNR officers make multiple drug arrests