Early Tuesday morning, a tractor-trailer hauling chickens overturned on Highway 441 in Atkinson County between Douglas and Pearson.
The truck, owned by P&M Trucking in Douglas, was traveling north on 441 when it left the roadway and overturned. The impact crushed the cab of the Freightliner day cab tractor, leaving many wondering if the driver survived. The driver, whose name has not been released, did in fact survive the accident.
A wrecker removed the truck and trailer about 9 a.m. but crews were still on the scene cleaning up debris, including chickens, both live and dead.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident and the investigation is ongoing.
- Drug unit makes multiple arrests in two different investigations
- Train collides with tractor-trailer, driver escapes unharmed
- Former ATCO Probate Judge indicted on 83 charges of racketeering, theft by taking
- Victim of Tuesday car v. train accident identified
- Douglas man loses life in auto accident on dirt road
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans pick up region win over Houston County
- Updated early voting, Hurricane Michael damage information
- Tyreek Hill helps spark second-half comeback, gets doused with beer by a New England fan
- Valdosta Wildcats handle the Trojans 37-22, Coffee falls to 0-2 in region
- City commission narrowly approves changes to alcohol ordinance