Early Tuesday morning, a tractor-trailer hauling chickens overturned on Highway 441 in Atkinson County between Douglas and Pearson.
The truck, owned by P&M Trucking in Douglas, was traveling north on 441 when it left the roadway and overturned. The impact crushed the cab of the Freightliner day cab tractor, leaving many wondering if the driver survived. The driver, whose name has not been released, did in fact survive the accident.
A wrecker removed the truck and trailer about 9 a.m. but crews were still on the scene cleaning up debris, including chickens, both live and dead.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident and the investigation is ongoing.
Latest from Robert Preston
- School system names teachers of the year
- Keegan McGovern makes Golden Spikes Award midseason watch list
- Severe weather is about to arrive in Coffee, Atkinson
- County commission: No more homes at Baymeadows under 1,400 square feet
- C.J. Mizell, former Trojan football star, arrested for second time in less than six months