High speed chase ends with crash in Atkinson County
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
An Adel man faces multiple charges after leading Coffee County deputies on a high speed chase early Saturday before crashing his vehicle in Atkinson County.
A lookout was issued for 50-year-old James Fiveash around 12:30 a.m. March 18 following a domestic dispute between him and his wife that occurred in Coffee County. Fiveash's wife stated to deputies her husband had been drinking, was unlicensed, and had abandoned her in Douglas.
A vehicle matching the description of the one being driven by Fiveash was spotted by Coffee County deputies traveling south on U.S. 441 south of Douglas shortly after the lookout was issued. When deputies attempted to initiate a traffic stop, the driver fled, continuing to travel south into Atkinson County at speeds in excess of 90 mph.
Fiveash crashed the vehicle on an embankment inside the Pearson city limits and fled the area on foot. He was apprehended a short time later by Pearson police.
Fiveash remains in the Atkinson County Jail on charges of driving with a suspended license, leaving the scene of an accident, hit and run, DUI, and no insurance. Multiple charges on Fiveash are pending in Coffee County including fleeing law enforcement and reckless driving.
- There is an election underway and it's for the SPLOST referendum
- Ben Hill County inmate who had escaped before escapes again while attending grandmother's funeral in Douglas
- Convicted felon hit with drug distribution, gun charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest
- Chase reaches speeds of 120 mph, ends with two arrests
Latest from Submitted
- GBI makes arrest in Jeff Davis shooting
- Investigators go undercover, arrest wanted fugitive
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- SGSC falls to Monroe College in first round of NJCAA Tournament
- Rev. Charles Warnock, minister, pilot, World War II hero, passes at age 103