The Coffee County Board of Education has announced that application packets for those interested in being appointed to fill the vacancy of the District 1 board seat resulting from the passing of Mr. Ronnie Johnson will be available Wednesday, April 5, at the Board of Education office located at 1311 South Peterson Avenue in Douglas. Applications will be due at the Board of Education office by 12:00 noon on Monday, April 24.
Sometime thereafter, the board will publicly announce how it will proceed.
According to Georgia law, the remaining board members are required to select a replacement for the unexpired term whenever a board member resigns, dies, or becomes disqualified, such as by moving out of the district.
- Best-selling author speaks to Coffee County teachers at Convocation
- Coffee Alliance for the Arts presents scholarship to Cailey Martinez
- School system to provide free meals this school year
- Coastal Plains Charter High School to hold open house
- School system announces new Ambrose principal, three other administrators