Throughout Georgia, many people have been affected by homicide and often these homicides are unsolved. In Douglas-Coffee County, there are several unsolved homicide cases. As part of “City in the Mix Day,” a special prayer vigil will be held for victims of solved and unsolved homicide cases in Douglas and Coffee County. The purpose will be to let everyone know homicide cases in the community have not been forgotten and remain a top priority.
“We want families to know we remember these victims as we continue to work on unsolved homicide cases,” says Police Chief Gary Casteloes. “Unsolved crimes can be solved – all it takes is for someone to come forward with information regarding the homicide.”
- City's junk drop off day is this Saturday
- Premium Peanut wins overall at Christmas parade
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: Community toy drive, Mayors' Christmas Motorcade, and more
- Residents of Wards 2 and 3 invited to a listening session with city officials on Dec. 17
- City offers pre-pay utilities program to first 50 customers