Throughout Georgia, many people have been affected by homicide and often these homicides are unsolved. In Douglas-Coffee County, there are several unsolved homicide cases. As part of “City in the Mix Day,” a special prayer vigil will be held for victims of solved and unsolved homicide cases in Douglas and Coffee County. The purpose will be to let everyone know homicide cases in the community have not been forgotten and remain a top priority.
“We want families to know we remember these victims as we continue to work on unsolved homicide cases,” says Police Chief Gary Casteloes. “Unsolved crimes can be solved – all it takes is for someone to come forward with information regarding the homicide.”
- City of Douglas cautions drivers to slow down, watch for pedestrians
- City of Douglas moves to class two ISO public protection classification
- City of Douglas Human Resource Department hosts first job fair, resource expo
- 2018 World FITASC Junior Champion Brice Grantham recognized by Mayor, City commission
- City of Douglas seeks employers to be part of job fair, resource expo