Deputies make quick arrest following burglary
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Coffee County sheriff’s authorities made a quick arrest and recovered numerous stolen items in a burglary incident reported Sunday.
Just after 6 a.m. on May 7, deputies responded to a residence on Greenfield Circle in reference to a burglary. The victim stated that someone had broken into his home and stolen a number of items some time between 2 p.m. the previous day and 6 a.m. the day of the report. A detective from the Coffee County Criminal Investigations Division was notified and responded to the location. An investigation at the scene determined that entry had been gained through the back door of the residence, and additional evidence led deputies and detectives to another home in the area. The investigation ultimately led to the arrest of 30-year-old Mikel Joe Purvis, also known as “Bizkit.”
Purvis provided detectives with information that led to the recovery of items that had been taken from the residence. He has been charged with burglary in the first degree and is currently incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail awaiting his first appearance hearing.
- Detective witnesses fight inside car, lands Fitzgerald man in jail
- Drug unit officers serve warrant, find suspect flushing alleged drugs down toilet
- David Rios, one of Coffee County's Most Wanted, still on the run after 11 years
- Officer recognizes man driving on suspended license, makes traffic stop and finds meth
- GBI arrests Coffee County man in child death investigation