Hutchinson, Cunningham, Taylor to run for Ward 1 commission seat
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Three candidates have qualified to run for the Ward 1 city commission seat left vacant by the passing of Johnnie Lee Roper on March 20 of this year. Those individuals are former commissioner Richard Hutchinson, Edwin Taylor, and Cheryl Cunningham.
The election will take place on Tuesday, June 20. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Central Square Complex, 200 S. Madison Avenue. Citizens who are not sure which city ward they are registered to vote in should contact the Elections Office at 912-384-7018. Qualifying for the Special Election was held on Monday, April 24 – Wednesday, April 26 during the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the City Clerk’s Office.
The deadline to register to vote or to change voter information for the election is May 22, 2017. Advance voting will be held at the Elections Office, 224 W. Ashley Street, starting at 8:30 a.m., Tuesday, May 30, 2017 and ending on Friday, June 16, 2017 at 5 p.m. The last day to request an absentee ballot by mail is Friday, June 16, 2017 at 4 p.m. For more information, please contact the Elections Office at 912-384-7018.
- City commission approves special exception variance for group bringing in ALDI grocery store
- City announces committee, board meeting dates for May
- City commission designates Gaskin Avenue as local historic district
- Commissioner Pearson goes to court, case placed on dead docket
- City holds ribbon cutting for new pool, Miracle Field
Latest from Submitted
- Wiregrass announces President's and Dean's List for dual enrollment students
- SGSC professor’s reference book makes best new Journalism/New Technical Writing books list
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- SGSC announces Spring 2023 academic honors lists
- City to end recycling program on August 1