Deputies arrested a 44-year-old woman for terroristic threats Monday afternoon after posting an expletive-laden video to social media threatening kill multiple family members.
Just after noon, May 15, deputies responded to a residence off Highway 158 West in reference to the incident. The complainants stated a member of their family, identified as Crystal Tyson, had posted a video to Facebook threatening to kill them. The victims showed deputies the video in question, which appeared to have been uploaded earlier the same day, and observed the suspect engage in a verbal tirade, mentioning several family members and stating, "I'm gonna kill one of y'all...I promise you."
Deputies were able to locate Tyson a short time later at a residence off Bent Tree Circle. She was arrested at that time and transported to the Coffee County Jail. Tyson has been charged with one count of terroristic threats via computer network under the Family Violence Act.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Local authorities arrest three for meth possession, other drug charges
- Saturday traffic stop leads to discovery of body of missing person
- CCSO K-9 unit hosts multi-agency training
- A night in a stranger's car leads to a free trip to jail
- Detectives arrest two after a two month long investigation, Nicholls police arrest one for controlled substances during traffic stop
Latest from Submitted
- Community partners sought for Hometown Harvest
- Advanced registration for SGSC's spring semester begins Oct. 31
- Information sessions to be held for SGSC's nursing program
- First National Bank of Coffee County to promote Georgia peanuts with annual promotion Oct 16-20
- People's Choice Fall, Winter photo contest is underway