Deputies arrested a 44-year-old woman for terroristic threats Monday afternoon after posting an expletive-laden video to social media threatening kill multiple family members.
Just after noon, May 15, deputies responded to a residence off Highway 158 West in reference to the incident. The complainants stated a member of their family, identified as Crystal Tyson, had posted a video to Facebook threatening to kill them. The victims showed deputies the video in question, which appeared to have been uploaded earlier the same day, and observed the suspect engage in a verbal tirade, mentioning several family members and stating, "I'm gonna kill one of y'all...I promise you."
Deputies were able to locate Tyson a short time later at a residence off Bent Tree Circle. She was arrested at that time and transported to the Coffee County Jail. Tyson has been charged with one count of terroristic threats via computer network under the Family Violence Act.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Youngblood, Lockhart plead guilty in murder for hire plot
- Two unrelated incidents, both with meth, other drug-related charges
- Shoplifting call leads to multi-county high speed chase
- Authorities arrest one for aggravated assault
- George Darryl Harper allegedly removes monitoring device, fails to show for bond revocation hearing
Latest from Submitted
- Corey Smith pleads guilty in 1996 mistaken identity murder
- SGSC welcomes faculty and staff to the new academic year
- Wiregrass to offer free English as a second language class
- Alma police arrest two for meth possession, APD investigating two motor vehicle thefts
- Leadership Coffee Class of 2017 Tour, Ashley-Slater house