The South Georgia State College Foundation is pleased to announce Luke Christian, Sherry Thomas, and Oscar Street will be honored as the Alumni of the Year at the An Evening of Opportunity Gala on Tuesday, May 23. Proceeds from the event will provide need-based scholarships for students at SGSC.
Luke Christian, the Alumni of the Year recipient in the field of business, is a 1998 alumnus and Founder/CEO of Surcheros Franchising Corporation. Sherry Thomas, EVP of Patient Care Services at Coffee Regional Medical Center, is the honoree in the healthcare field and is a 1973 alumna. For the field of education, Oscar Street will be honored as the Alumni of the Year. Mr. Street is a 1967 alumnus and served as a teacher and principal in the Coffee County school system for over 31 years.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- SGSC sweeps USC-Salkehatchie on the road
- Hawks Basketball pulls away from Atlanta Metro from win No. 20
- SGSC gains approval for new Bachelor of Science in Long-Term Healthcare Management to begin Fall 2018
- South Georgia State Softball announces summer day camp for students in first through eighth grade
- SGSC Lady Hawks open at home with two shutout victories against USC-Salkahatchie