Claudin Pubien Jr., 26 of Douglas, who was arrested last week on burglary charges after detectives discovered a “mountain” of stolen items at his home, had previously been charged with murder in the 2013 killing of Daquavious Reed. Two other individuals, both of whom are Pubien’s brothers, Claron Carter and D’Andre Carter, received life sentences for their roles in Reed’s death.
Pubien, however, ultimately pled guilty to robbery by force and was sentenced to 20 years on probation. Authorities determined that Pubien had a lesser role in Reed’s death than the other two. He neither planned the shooting nor was he believed to be the trigger man. Reed was found dead inside an East Ward Street residence on July 11, 2013, killed by two gunshots.
Monday, July 3, 2017, the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office issued a press release announcing that Pubien, along with 25-year-old Sierra Hodges, had been arrested last week after detectives served a search warrant at 316 East Schley Street and found a significant amount of items that had been reported stolen, some as far back as Christmas 2016. As a result of his alleged involvement in the burglary ring, Pubien is back behind bars.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
Latest from Robert Preston
- Gaskin accounts for 20 of Coffee's 35 points in 35-20 win over Effingham Rebels in Erk Russell Classic
- New policy allows for random drug tests for Coffee High athletes, student drivers
- Shoplifting call leads to multi-county high speed chase
- Commissioner Olivia Pearson's second voter fraud trial on October calendar
- Colquitt wins preseason opener 42-17