A former Coffee County inmate who walked away from a work detail nearly two years ago is back in the Coffee County Jail.
Authorities had been searching for 48-year-old George Michael Cato since October, 2015, after he left a county work detail in the area of General Coffee State Park off Ga. Hwy. 32 East.
Information was obtained that led authorities to Baytown, Texas, where Cato was located and taken into custody. He was booked into the Coffee County Jail this week.
Cato has been charged with one count of escape in relation to the 2015 incident and faces four additional counts of felony probation violations.
- Shoplifting incident leads to multi-county chase, crash
- Domestic dispute erupts after wife finds husband at mistress's home, husband arrested on aggravated assault charges
- Another traffic stop, another meth arrest
- GBI charges former Coffee, Bacon deputy with aggravated sexual battery
- Alleged drug dealer leads deputies on chase while his home is searched
Latest from Submitted
- Dr. Greg Tanner named Interim President of South Georgia State College
- City holds push in ceremony for new fire truck
- Middle school artists wanted for bookmark contest
- SGSC's Dr. Arlena Stanley selected to participate in USG's Executive Leadership Institute
- Clerk's Office announces new tool to monitor property and records activity