Coffee County detectives have arrested a 19-year-old Douglas man responsible for an Independence Day armed robbery at a local convenience store.
A white male entered the Aden's Minit Market on U.S. Hwy. 221 North around 10 p.m., July 4, brandished a firearm, and fled the store on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash. Coffee County authorities, along with K-9 Units from Ware State Prison and Georgia State Patrol officials, responded to the scene, but were unable to locate the offender at the time.
Further investigation by Coffee County sheriff's detectives led to the arrest of Jacob Allen Hopwood, who has been charged with armed robbery and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. Hopwood, who is already serving a probation sentence for similar charges in Florida, is currently incarcerated at the Coffee County Jail.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
Latest from Submitted
- Corey Smith pleads guilty in 1996 mistaken identity murder
- SGSC welcomes faculty and staff to the new academic year
- Wiregrass to offer free English as a second language class
- Alma police arrest two for meth possession, APD investigating two motor vehicle thefts
- Leadership Coffee Class of 2017 Tour, Ashley-Slater house